The Lincoln Chapter meets on the second Sunday of the month, September through May, except for November. Sunday gatherings are held 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. in the Sheridan Room at Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital, with Vespers in the chapel following the gathering.
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
5401 South St.
For the Sunday Chapter meeting, use the east entrance and take the north corridor to reach the North Commons Cafeteria and the Sheridan Room. The chapel for Vespers is next to the Commons.
You are always welcome to bring a guest, such as a spouse, relative or friend to the sessions.
The readings for 2020–2021 come from The Oblate Handbook and Humility Rules (ISBN 9-781-6216-4149-0) by J. Augustine Wetta, OSB
- September: Selections from the Oblate Handbook (download): In the section, “Monastic Tradition,” “The place of monasticism in the modern world,” p. 44, and “Living in Community,” including “Primary Ingredients of Christian Community,” pp. 48–52.
- October: Humility Rules, Introduction, pp. 11–25.
- November: Humility Rules, Step #1, “Fear of God,” pp. 27–37, and Step #2, “Self-Denial,” pp. 39–49.
- December: Humility Rules, Step #3, “Obedience,” pp. 51–61, and Step #4, “Perseverance,” pp. 63–73.
- January: Humility Rules, Step #5, “Repentance,” pp. 75–85, and Step #6, “Serenity,” pp. 87–97.
- February: Humility Rules, Step #7, “Self-Abasement,” pp. 99–109, and Step #8, “Prudence,” pp. 111–121.
- March: Humility Rules, Step #9, “Silence,” pp. 123–133, and Step #10, “Dignity,” pp. 135–145.
- April or May: Humility Rules, Step #11, “Discretion,” pp. 147–157, Step #12, “Reverence,” pp. 159–169, and Conclusion, pp. 171–173. NOTE: There are no reading assignments during the month of the Oblation Ceremony.
Companion group includes those who are in their novice (first) year as oblates and have not made their final oblation. Lessons are held during the monthly chapter gatherings on the second Sunday of the month. Lessons are from the Oblate Handbook.
Ut in Omnibus Glorificetur Deus
“All for the honor and glory of God!”