The Omaha Chapter has become a cell group. Its members will join with the oblates in Lincoln for monthly chapter meetings. More information about these chapter meetings is listed on the Lincoln Chapter page.
The new Omaha cell group meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month beginning at 7:00 p.m.:
New Cassel Retirement Center Lecture Hall
900 N. 90th St.
Use the east entrance to get to the Lecture Hall on the first floor.
The leader of the Omaha Cell is Phil Kelley.
You are always welcome to bring a guest, such as a spouse, relative or friend to the sessions.
The readings for 2017–2019 come from Seven Sacred Pauses: Living Mindfully Through the Hours of the Day, Macrina Weiderkuhr OSB, 2008.
Using scripture, poetry, reflections, personal stories, and quotes from a rich array of spiritual teachers for many religions, Wiederkehr helps readers become more attuned to living in the present moment and develop a kindred spirit with the rich tradition of the sacred hours. Seven Sacred Pauses is a wonderful gift to those who seek to find balance in their busy days and to bring the practice of the Divine Hours home to their own hearts.
Each chapter includes a series of chants which are at the back of the book; see assignments for page numbers. The chants accompany a CD recording of these chants, available separately.
Schedule for 2017–2018
- September: Foreword and Living Mindfully
- October: Chapter 1: The Night Watch; chants, p. 182–183
- November: Oblation Ceremony, no readings or discussion
- December: Chapter 2: The Awakening Hour; chants, p. 183–185
- January: Chapter 3: The Blessing Hour; chants, p. 185–186
- February: Chapter 4: The Hour of Illumination; chants, p. 187–188
- March: Chapter 5: The Wisdom Hour; chants, p. 188–189
- April: Chapter 6: The Twilight Hour; chants, p. 190–191
- May: Chapter 7: The Great Silence; chants, p. 192–193, and Litany of the Hours, p. 177–179.
Omaha Metro-area Vespers
The members of the Omaha Cell are welcome to pray the Vespers at a number of locations around the city. Here is a list of locations and times:
- Mount Michael Abbey: 5:15 p.m. every day
- St. John’s: 5:30 p.m. Sundays in the main church
- St. Peter Catholic Church: 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (English); 6:15 p.m. Saturday (Spanish); 5:00 p.m. Sunday (English)
- Holy Cross Parish: Evening Prayer (Vespers) at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday
- St. Cecilia’s Cathedral: 7:00 p.m. every Sunday.
Ut in Omnibus Glorificetur Deus
“All for the honor and glory of God!”