The Lincoln Chapter meets on the second Sunday of the month, September through May, except for November. Sunday gatherings are held 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. in the Sheridan Room at Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital, with Vespers in the chapel following the gathering.
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
5401 South St.
For the Sunday Chapter meeting, use the east entrance and take the north corridor to reach the North Commons Cafeteria and the Sheridan Room. The chapel for Vespers is next to the Commons.
You are always welcome to bring a guest, such as a spouse, relative or friend to the sessions.
The readings for 2017–2018 come from Seven Sacred Pauses: Living Mindfully Through the Hours of the Day, Macrina Weiderkuhr OSB, 2008.
Using scripture, poetry, reflections, personal stories, and quotes from a rich array of spiritual teachers for many religions, Wiederkehr helps readers become more attuned to living in the present moment and develop a kindred spirit with the rich tradition of the sacred hours. Seven Sacred Pauses is a wonderful gift to those who seek to find balance in their busy days and to bring the practice of the Divine Hours home to their own hearts.
Each chapter includes a series of chants which are at the back of the book; see assignments for page numbers. The chants accompany a CD recording of these chants, available separately.
Schedule for 2017–2018
- September: Foreword and Living Mindfully
- October: Chapter 1: The Night Watch; chants, p. 182–183
- November: Oblation Ceremony, no readings or discussion
- December: Chapter 2: The Awakening Hour; chants, p. 183–185
- January: Chapter 3: The Blessing Hour; chants, p. 185–186
- February: Chapter 4: The Hour of Illumination; chants, p. 187–188
- March: Chapter 5: The Wisdom Hour; chants, p. 188–189
- April: Chapter 6: The Twilight Hour; chants, p. 190–191
- May: Chapter 7: The Great Silence; chants, p. 192–193, and Litany of the Hours, p. 177–179.
Companion group includes those who are in their novice (first) year as oblates and have not made their final oblation. Lessons are held during the monthly chapter gatherings on the second Sunday of the month. Lessons are from the Oblate Handbook.
Ut in Omnibus Glorificetur Deus
“All for the honor and glory of God!”