The Hastings Chapter meets the second Saturday of the month from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the St. Cecilia’s Health Ministry Building, 415 N. Kansas Ave., Hastings, Nebraska.
The Hastings Cell meets the last Saturday of the month at 9:30 a.m. at the same location.
The dean of the Hastings Chapter is Juliene Bryan.
You are always welcome to bring a guest, such as a spouse, relative or friend to the sessions.
Orientation for New Oblates
The Hastings Chapter of the Oblates of Saint Benedict held its 2016 orientation meeting on Saturday, August 13, at 9:30 a.m. in the Family Room at St. Michael’s Catholic Church, 701 Creighton Avenue, Hastings, Nebraska. For additional information about the 2017 orientation, please contact Juliene Bryan by phone at 402.726.2207 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The readings for 2017–2018 come from Seven Sacred Pauses: Living Mindfully Through the Hours of the Day, Macrina Weiderkuhr OSB, 2008.
Using scripture, poetry, reflections, personal stories, and quotes from a rich array of spiritual teachers for many religions, Wiederkehr helps readers become more attuned to living in the present moment and develop a kindred spirit with the rich tradition of the sacred hours. Seven Sacred Pauses is a wonderful gift to those who seek to find balance in their busy days and to bring the practice of the Divine Hours home to their own hearts.
Each chapter includes a series of chants which are at the back of the book; see assignments for page numbers. The chants accompany a CD recording of these chants, available separately.
Schedule for 2017–2018
- September: Foreword and Living Mindfully
- October: Chapter 1: The Night Watch; chants, p. 182–183
- November: Oblation Ceremony, no readings or discussion
- December: Chapter 2: The Awakening Hour; chants, p. 183–185
- January: Chapter 3: The Blessing Hour; chants, p. 185–186
- February: Chapter 4: The Hour of Illumination; chants, p. 187–188
- March: Chapter 5: The Wisdom Hour; chants, p. 188–189
- April: Chapter 6: The Twilight Hour; chants, p. 190–191
- May: Chapter 7: The Great Silence; chants, p. 192–193, and Litany of the Hours, p. 177–179.